Turn Baldness into Boldness with Professional, Precise Scalp Pigmentation in Vancouver
Scalp pigmentation is the most advanced remedy for those who have lost hair due to thinning, pattern baldness, or scarring. Our permanent makeup clinic works closely with you to find permanent, low-maintenance solutions for balding areas.
SMP method replicates the look of full, natural hair stubble, effectively restoring density to thinning areas using pointillism micropigmentation techniques.
Whether you have just started noticing thinning or have lost most of your hair, scalp micropigmentation can help you feel confident again. And if a surgical scar from a hair transplant has become visible, we can help you conceal it.
Benefits of using permanent cosmetic tattooing to remedy hair loss:
- This is an immediate solution to hair loss or alopecia
- No invasive surgery
- No medication
- No down time
- Treatment can be touched up to match graying hair
How does scalp micropigmentation work?
We delicately depositing pigment into the upper layer of the scalp to diminish visible scars and bald areas. This advanced technique uses medical micropigmentation techniques to replicate hair follicles using micro needles and pigment.
We match your natural hair color and create the appearance of follicles so you have a consistent, balanced look all over. The safe and sterile process takes about two to three hours, depending on the size of the treatment area. The final result restores reduced hairlines, thickens existing hair, camouflages transplant scars, and creates the look of buzz-cut hair.
During your appointment, your artist will discuss your desired hairline design, style preferences, and final goals before getting started. We understand that finding the perfect hairline for your facial structure, head shape, and age is important, so we always wait for your full approval before beginning treatment.
How long does SMP last?
Will the color fade?
With time, mostly several years the pigment can lighten and it may be necessary to have touch-ups to bring the appearance back to its original standard. Over exposure the sun will result in fading sooner.
Is SMP reversible?
What if I keep loosing hair?
How often do I need to shave?
It all comes down to personal preference. Most clients tend to adopt a ‘buzzed’ look and shaving every 1-2 day.
Does this hair loss solution require maintenance?
One of the best things about cosmetic tattooing is that it requires little maintenance and has no lifestyle restrictions once it heals. Since pigmentation is not a surgical procedure, it is budget-friendly and requires no medication. Because the pigment fades slightly over time, you may want to return for touch-ups every few years. We also provide eyebrow tattoos to enhance the color and shape of your eyebrows.
- Wash your scalp with a non-abrasive, gentle shampoo the day of your procedure. DO NOT place any gels, hairspray, powders, or fibers on your scalp the day of your treatment.
- After washing the scalp, moisturize the skin with some form of skin moisturizer to keep the skin hydrated. Doing so will allow the ink to be properly absorbed.
- Refrain from sun tanning to avoid burning and peeling of the skin.
- You can bring your phone or iPod to listen to music during the treatment. Phone calls are not allowed during the procedure. There will be breaks every 60 to 90 minutes of the procedure.
- Scalp preparation – Please do not use a razor on your scalp on the day of the treatment. Shave or cut your hair 48 hours before your scheduled procedure. It is critical that we see all native hair to be able to properly blend the hair follicles. Any redness, breakouts, or infection on the scalp will lead to your appointment being cancelled and rescheduled.
- Do not wash your head for 3 days following the treatment.
- Take a break from the gym, saunas, beaches, or other places where you might sweat.
- On Day 4, you can use water to wash your scalp and start to moisturize.
- A gentle facial cleanser is recommended for cleaning the scalp after a week.
- Sunbathing, exfoliating, or heavy sweating should be avoided for roughly 1 month after the final treatment.
Hats aren’t a permanent solution. Micropigmentation is. Call our beauty studio today to get started on feeling more confident with our non-invasive solution to thinning hair.
This is great!
My wife loves the fact that I love it. She never cared, but boy I did. Thanks so much Ayna Team!